Just a few days ago, I got nominated for the Liebster Award. After being ultimately happy and smiling like crazy for a few minutes, I started freaking out a bit: what exactly is the Liebster Award and what does it mean for my blog?
After doing some research, I guess I figured it out now. The Liebster Award (which can actually be translated as the “loveliest” or the “sweetest” award) is a form of acknowledgement for “new” bloggers.
I consider myself quite new to this whole blogging world, but I can already be grateful for all likes, comments and, of course, the nomination I have received: thank you so much Kelly Jane Mills!
These are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think deserve the Liebster Award
4. Let the bloggers know about their nomination
5. Give them 11 questions they should answer
(If you got nominated by me, scroll down this post to see my questions)
I must say I absolutely love this whole award thing, since I really want to meet new bloggers and make new friends 🙂
Now let’s answer the questions that I got from Kelly Jane Mills:
1. If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what genre would you choose?
Oh, this is a hard one, because I love reading all sorts of genres. But I guess I’d prefer to read thrillers. I love the suspense and the excitement of not knowing what will happen. Oh, but I love science fiction too; all these wonderful worlds to discover…
2. What are your blogging goals for 2016?
Since I’ve just started my blog, I really want to work on building a blogging network, meeting new bloggers and writing more frequently. Unfortunately I’m currently in my last year of high school, so that keeps me kinda busy, but I’m not gonna let it stop me from writing!
3. What is your favourite book and why?
Hard one, cause my favourites change all the time. But right on this moment, the first book I can think of is definitely And then there were none by Agatha Christie. Agatha’s writing style in this novel is flawless, the level of suspension unbearable and the story line surprising yet believable.
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
A big brainstorm session brought me this name. I was looking for something simple yet interesting. I don’t know how this name eventually came to mind, it just popped up in my head, I guess.
5. What was your favourite subject at school and why?
My favourite subject was and still is history. I just love hearing all these stories from the past; all these people who contributed to the society we live in today. It also inspires me when writing my own stories. I’m currently working on a science fiction story in which I try to combine historical elements with futuristic designs.
6. What are your favourite hobbies (other than reading)?
Well, as I was saying, I love writing stories and diving into my own characters’ minds. Furthermore, I adore singing and playing guitar. And last but not least, I like writing my own songs 🙂
7. Which author inspires you the most?
I guess George Orwell has inspired me a lot within the last few days. I read his 1984 a while back and got really intrigued by the way he thinks totalitarian regimes work (or could work). Especially because, in class, we were just talking about the nazi regime which dominated Europe in 40’s. I will write a blog about 1984 in relation to the world we live in today, so stay tuned 😉
8. Tell me a random fact about you!
I’m lefthanded, I’m afraid of heights and I absolutely fail at gymnastics. Moreover I have a tendency to come up with crazy projects out of the blue which eventually turn out to be, well… very crazy. For example, I started learning Finnish this summer, after visiting the country during my summer holiday. Not only is Finnish a quite impossible language to learn, it’s also kinda hard to learn another language beside the languages I need to learn at school: German and French. Still, every now and then, I learn a few words, do some research on the terribly sophisticated grammar and hope that I will one day know how to communicate in Finnish. Mielenkiintoinen…
9. What was the first book you ever read?
I have no idea! Maybe it was Jip & Janneke, a really popular children’s book in the Netherlands about two children that are each others’ neighbours and just do all these “kid adventures” together 😛
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
Talking to myself in English… while being Dutch.
And watching YouTube videos non-stop without remembering afterwards why I even started watching in the first place.
11. If someone wrote a story about your life, what would the title be?
“The story of a budding writer who could’ve written lots of novels, if she hadn’t stopped writing on her current novel every time a new idea popped up in her head”
Now that I’ve answered all of the brilliant questions asked by Kelly, I will make up some questions for the people I’ve nominated.
My questions are:
1. Why and when did your start blogging?
2. What is your favourite reading spot?
3. Where do you buy most of your books?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. What is your reading goal for this year? (For example a certain amount of books you want to read or a challenge you want to attend this year)
6. What is the last book you finished reading? Did you like it?
7. What is the worst book you ever read? Why?
8. What is your dream job?
9. Who is your favourite author?
10. How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
11. What is your favourite book quote?